Your prosperity as a supplier hinges in upon your ability to pave a clear path for achievement for your distributors. You provide your distributors with guidance and a framework for success. Below are three keys to success for your channels of distribution.
1) A strong online presence. With the majority of product searches now beginning on the internet, active online presence required. Provide your distributors with educational information, as well as product data for their website. A strong online reputation can be created with the help of the following:
- A comprehensive search engine optimization (SEO) campaign
- The inclusion of useful content on your distributors’ website
- A well-designed website that is responsive and easy to navigate
2) Accessibility. Customer expectations for speed of service are higher than ever. If your distributors are only available for support on weekdays between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., you will lose market traction. Even worse, prospective customers may immediately turn to one of your competitors, if they get the impression that your distributors are not accessible. Choosing distributors with 24/7 accessibility will foster higher levels of customer satisfaction and help your business thrive.
3) Robust product training. Your distributors need to be armed with tools that will help establish them as industry experts. Your distributors serve as the frontline responders to customer inquiries. Information provided to them assists them to win over new customers. Here are some ways to ensure that your distributors are well-trained on your products:
- Use a learning management system (LMS) to enable distributors to train online at their own speed
- Incorporate content quizzes into your training regimen to ensure trainees have absorbed content
- Use a multi-media approach to ensure that participants are engaged in the training process
- Revamp your training initiatives on an annual basis to ensure they are current
On a closing note, remember that consistency is key in promoting your brand through your distributors. If you focus on what it takes to make your distributor a successful business, you will have a strong relationship. We invite you to contact us to learn more about fostering success among your channels of distribution. We look forward to hearing from you!